Monday, October 03, 2005

ESPN blog discussion

Honestly, I read this last week and meant to post it sometime before now. Dr. Carroll's pointed reminder that I need to start posting more frequently on this blog for COM 429 in class today, coupled with the fact that I got done with an assignment for another class earlier than expected, allows me to post now.
Here's the link to Bill Simmons' web site. I've been a big fan of Simmons for a couple years now, and try to read him whenever possible (usually three or four times a week). While most of the material in this feature I linked to is irrelevant to digital communication, he and Chuck Klosterman did discuss blogging and new journalism in the top half of this post. I like this because Simmons said something I've been saying for a while (I hate it when I come up with an idea, then a nationally-recognized writer says the same thing a couple months later). Anyways, happy reading. Read the whole Klosterman convo, it'll help with understanding another one of my posts.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home