Sunday, November 27, 2005

last Friday discussion wrap

A few quick points left over from our discussion of music file sharing and Hawthorne Heights from the last Friday we had class...

I about went out of my gourd at Hannah's anecdote about her downloading habits. (Since Sony's new digital technology prevents CDs from being ripped onto a computer, she buys CD's but then has to download the tracks so she can listen to them on her computer, since there isn't a stereo in her room). She should take that one to the folks at Sony. Idiots. Already there have been a couple of lawsuits against the company, and there will be more to come with that digital reproduction tech.

I need to check out Myspace (maybe after the semester ends and I'm not buried under an avalanche of crap). While the concepts of how Hawthorne Heights (the band) spread their music via the web, and I think it's a great idea. What I don't get -- and this is a microcosm of my attitude toward the blogging world in general -- is who has the time to sit and listen to random music on the internet.

Maybe it's my busy schedule and the fact I was brought up on dial-up internet. I need a break.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home